|GUIDELINES FOR CONSIGNMENT OF TITLED VEHICLES|
Yoder & Frey Auctioneers, Inc. is a motor vehicle dealer in the State of Florida and is required to adhere to all Florida laws regarding the sale of titled items. Whether your state requires a title on a particular item or not, Florida may or may not require Yoder & Frey Auctioneers, Inc. to obtain a valid and transferable title in order to sell your property. Yoder & Frey Auctioneers, Inc. has established some guidelines for the consignment of these titled items.
- Titled items include – trucks, trailers, asphalt distributors, boats, cars, truck cranes, motorcycles, street sweepers, jet skis, ATV’s, Gradalls, truck mounted drills, trailer mounted directional boring machines, or any rubber tired motorized vehicle that is driven on any public road. If for any reason your state does not require a title on a particular item listed, contact us as to what would be required for us to sell it in Florida. Please inquire about any equipment permanently mounted on a trailer weighing over 2000 pounds, for example, air compressors, stump grinders, chippers, gen-sets and pumps.
- Only US titles will be accepted (NO CANADIAN TITLES).
- Titled items to be sold by anyone other than licensed motor vehicle dealers must show the name of the consignor on the face of the title as owner. NOTE: Per Florida Law: If you are consigning a boat you must provide a title that shows your name on the face of the title as owner (no reassignments). This applies to motor vehicle dealers also.
- Quarantine area – A quarantine area has been established to hold all incoming titled items pending receipt of valid and transferable titles. ALL titled property will be received into this area and later moved to the regular lineup after all title paperwork is completed. NO item will be sold from the holding area. Titled property arriving without a valid and transferable original title will not be sold. It will be the responsibility of the consignor to obtain and provide titles. Titles received after February 2, 2015 will subject to a $50 late fee, deducted from your auction proceeds.
- Consignors are responsible for notifying Yoder & Frey if a truck or trailer has Federal Excise Tax applicable. Failure to do so will result in the FET deducted from their check. Glider kits, salvage titles & rebuilt titles must be made known to Yoder & Frey Auctioneers, Inc., in writing, as they must be announced as such.
- Do not give your titles to anyone in the field or a sales person. Titles should be brought to the Title Office or the Finance Office.
- NO TRUCKS OR TRAILERS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE YARD WITHOUT A VERIFIABLE VIN (VEHICLE IDENTIFICATION NUMBER).
- Charges incurred for titles held by lienholders including bank wires, overnight services, etc., will be deducted from consignor proceeds.
If you have any additional questions about the consignment of titled items in the Kissimmee, Florida auction, please contact Tami VanAlstine at (419) 865-3990. Title clerks will be at the sale site beginning February 2, 2015 and can be reached at (407) 396-6060. Due to the constantly changing laws in Florida, your salesperson will be unable to answer any questions about titles.
Do not send titles by regular mail. Titles can be sent after January 19, 2015 via courier to:
YODER & FREY AUCTIONEERS, INC.
ATTN: TITLE OFFICE
651 W. SOUTHPORT ROAD
KISSIMMEE, FLORIDA 34746