OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH
It is our intent to improve Occupational Safety and Health at work throughout our organisation for all our employees and any other personnel who may be affected by our work activities, complying with the requirements of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
We will lead industry by promoting the best practice, exceeding the guidance of the OSHA and other regulatory bodies. Our policy reflects our commitment to ensuring that Health and Safety at Work is paramount to the business, and actively contributes to our success.
The company recognises that each employee is a valuable asset and that risks to their health and safety should be identified, evaluated and controlled. Yoder and Frey will provide safe systems of work, by carrying out task specific Risk Assessments. This will benefit both the individual and the company in achieving a safe working environment.
The company will also consult with all their employees on matters affecting their wellbeing, providing information, training and supervision to ensure that they are competent to carry out their daily activities safely.
The company provides and maintains Safe Plant and Equipment Procedures, ensuring the safe handling and use of any hazardous substances.
The vision, values and beliefs of the business regarding Occupational Safety and Health will be communicated throughout the company by the Management Team.
We will regularly review health and safety performance and arrangements to ensure they remain suitable and to enable measures to be put in place to allow the Company to continually improve its health and safety performance.
View Yoder and Frey's Occupational Safety and Health Policy here.
AUCTION SITE SAFETY RULES
We are committed to providing, promoting and maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our employees, customers and visitors. Please familiarize yourself with the Auction Site Safety Rules before you visit any of our auction sites.
- This auction site is a dangerous place with moving vehicles, plant and equipment, flammable, corrosive, pressurized and other substances present. Please exercise extreme caution as Yoder and Frey or their Auctioneers are not responsible for any injuries sustained, damages or loss of property occurring from any cause.
- All visitors must report to the reception.
- Wear appropriate footwear and hi-vis clothing when you are present in the auction yard.
- Do not operate equipment, unless you are competent and qualified to do so, as this is carried out at your own risk. You will be responsible for any damage that occurs. Please ensure your surrounding area is clear at all times during operation of equipment.
- Report all incidents immediately (i.e. injuries, near misses, spills and property damage) to any Yoder and Frey representative.
- No Unauthorized Person is permitted in the any of the workshops.
- Everyone should use the Pedestrian Crossings and stay behind the Barriers during the auctions.
- If you require First Aid, please report to the Reception, first aid trained personnel will be on site.
- Any person under the influence of alcohol or drugs is strictly prohibited from entering the auction site, operating or demonstrating equipment.
- We strongly recommend that children are not brought to our sites. If you decide to bring a child to our sites, they must be accompanied by a responsible adult and remain under supervision at all times. Anyone under the age of 18 is strictly prohibited from being on, in, or operating any piece of equipment, machinery or vehicle.
- Contractors and service providers must operate in strict accordance with our Site Rules and the OSHA.
- On occasions, images and videos are taken during the auction. These will be used for marketing purposes and may be published on (but not limited to) websites, printed and online publicity, social media and press releases. If you do not wish to appear in the photographs or films, please let a member of staff know.
- Please be aware, all auctions are live streamed onto our online bidding platform.
Yoder and Frey are committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees and minimizes our potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
Our Policy therefore, is to:
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into our decision making and activities.
- Minimize our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as is possible.
- Minimize energy and water use within our buildings and processes in order to conserve supplies and minimise the consumption of natural resources.
- As far as is possible, purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment.
- Train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work.
- Promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it.
- Where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programmes.
We have been closely monitoring the outbreak of Coronavirus COVID-19 and as a result a number of measures have already been implemented across the business, as we look to mitigate any impact to our employees and any customers to our sites.
What we’re currently doing
- We are closely monitoring the situation in order to safeguard both employees and customers.
- We have conducted a deep clean of all office and auction facility areas.
- We are communicating regularly with staff at all sites to ensure best practice guidelines are being followed in terms of hygiene and prevention.
- We have introduced hand sanitizing stations at all auction sites.
- We are restricting all non-essential company travel to and from high risk countries.
- We have briefed all auction teams on the safeguarding measures.
- We are imposing a self-isolation for any staff member who has travelled to or from a high risk country and/or those who have been in close contact with someone who has coronavirus.
- We are following government guidance regarding organized events.
Whilst we are confident we are doing all we can to safeguard our staff and customers we know that some customers may be hesitant to attend our onsite auctions. Our secure online bidding and pre-bidding platform allows you to bid online at all our auctions. Registration is easy and our online guide is available to assist you with the process.
We will continue to actively monitor the situation and follow government guidance and we will communicate any changes to our auction schedules.